My new DIY rain barrel was made from 2 drums, unfortunately these are made of PP which is quite impossible to glue.
It also turned out that the connectors I got from the shop for $$ didn't have long enough thread to properly secure it by way of the 3/4" nut.
The other problems was that the shop hose connectors had a poort fit for the hose and I couldn't make them water tight without ripping the hose, rinse, lather, repeat.
So I made a few hose connectors with a 25.4 mm diameter so that the hose fits snugly and I can secure it to the barrel with stainless screws.
Printed on .3 layer height at 195C without fan for better strength.
This is the translucent orange from Colorfabb.com
- Insert connector from the outside, mark the screw holes on the barrel.
- Remove connector, drill holes 5mm.
- Smear rubber glue or silicon kit around the round base of the connector.
- Insert connector from the inside of the barrel
- Screw the stainless M5 bolts into the connector.