Printrbot Bed Stabilizer
by Crispy001, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
These stabilizers replace the zip-ties originally used to position the LM8UU linear bearings on the Printrbot LC.
http://www.thingiverse.com/soke is developing a modified version for the PB+ V1.
The end result is a sturdier print bed and chassis for better printing. Inspiration taken from the official Printrbot stabilizer upgrade.
Volume: 2.12 cubic inches
ABS Weight: .08 pounds
- Print one left stabilizer and one right stabilizer. They're different parts, so don't mix them up! The left stabilizer has been confirmed to clear the Y endstop on the Printrbot LC.
Left Stabilizer requires:
2 #6-32 x 3/4" Screws
2 M3 x 16mm Screws
2 M3 Nuts
Right Stabilizer requires:
2 #6-32 x 3/4" Screws
2 M3 x 16mm Screws (screws into Y axis motor)
Attach the stabilizer plates to your Printrbot. Insert some folded paper between the bearing and the bearing slot(s) to adjust desired tightness. Don't tighten the screws down all the way yet!
- Slide the smooth rods through both bearings and tighten the screws. At this point you can try wiggling the rod around to test everything out. Keep in mind the feet and base of the Printrbot will deflect if you push hard enough, but your print bed will be secure! Be sure to not overtighten the M3 screws that screw into the Y carriage motor either, as stripping those threads will cause you problems.
Both parts will require supports to print successfully.
Drilling out the screw holes to the proper diameter may/will be necessary. (9/64" and 1/8" for #6-32 and M3 respectively, if memory serves.)
I recommend using the bed stabilizer in conjunction with my z axis stabilizer for additional robustness! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:55053
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Printrbot Bed Stabilizer by Crispy001 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Crispy001 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Crispy001 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).