DoomMeister's, Kuehlings Sells/Prusa X Ends
by doommeister, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I am busy renovating/improving my sells Mendel to use linear bearings, smaller pitch belts and proper lead-screws and I noticed a few things.
1) Prusa (iteration 2) X ends don't fit the sells design, the distance between the Z axis and lead-screw is 30mm not 29mm. I only noticed this after printing a set :(. As an aside I think the belt driven Z lead-screw is a much better design than the dual motor one and will be sticking with it.
2) There are a great many x axis designs for trapezoidal (ACME) lead screws, but they all use metal nuts. As evidenced by my old Z screws, and the small pile of iron fillings at the bottom of the Z screws on my Orca this is not a good idea.
3) The Prusa SCAD sources are a pain in the bum to edit.
With this in mind I have modified Jonas Kuehlings - Improved X ends for Prusa with clamped rods
to accept a plastic lead-screw nut which you can machine or print. The Z nut press fits into the holder (use an 8mm bolt to help) and is held in place with a key bolt.
I have split the Z Nut into another thing as I prefer to GPL my things and base for this design is CC-BY-SA
Files posted for both the Sells and Prusa Mendel.
No Particular Intructions
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
DoomMeister's, Kuehlings Sells/Prusa X Ends by doommeister is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving doommeister a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure doommeister would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).