Tablet stand with IBM ThinkPad keyboard and TrackPoint.
The back provides space for a keyboard controller and other electronics. Size could be adjusted to accommodate a Raspberry Pi, for example.
For sturdiness, 3D printed parts are joined with carbon rods.
Print the STL files, then follow the videos:
Suggestion: First make a test print to check if the channels fit the carbon rods.
- 3D prints. Pictured parts have been printed on a Stratatys Dimension SST 1200es in ABS at 10 mils resolution. They have been designed, however, to also print on RepRaps, MakerBots, etc.
- 6 mm carbon rods, available for example at Modulor as item #251865.
- IBM ThinkPad X40/X41 keyboard
- 3M Bumpons, h = 3.5 mm, ø 12.7 mm (Modulor #303791)
- Foam rubber sealing strip, self-adhesive 2 × 10 mm, black (Modulor #317464L)
- M2 × 5 mm screws, available as ThinkPad spare parts
- 3 mm cord (Modulor #4178085L)
- Cord lock (Modulor #224788)
- Double cord locks (Modulor #222851)
Rhino 3D file
For construction rules, see
Notes inside the Rhino 3D file. Referenced from that file are models available on GrabCAD:
- ThinkPad X4x keyboard & TrackPoint.
- Cord lock
- 3M Bumpon SJ5012
To open the file, as of mid 2014, you may download a 90 days trial version of Rhino. Please help me lobby for a free maker edition of Rhino.