Innovative and very high accuracy adjustable Endstop for Reprap Prusa and other models
by paolo68, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This very simple tiny Thing allows a quick and very precise calibration.
This innovative approach consists in:
- FIXING the endstop once and forever to the printer structure.
- Doing the calibration by means of a small and accurate M2 screw (0.4 mm per turn) mounted on the part that moves towards the endstop.
- Enjoying NO PLAY/slack.
Sample application - Prusa i3 Z-axis endstop (see pictures):
- Z-Endstop fixed to the metal frame.
- Thing holding the M2 screw fixed to the bottom of the right X-end.
Note: I have removed the metal lever from the endstop, leaving just the button; this improves the accuracy.
Print the uploaded STL file. If needed adjust the size parameters in the OpenSCAD file.
Additional hardware needed:
- 1 x M2 screw
- 1 x M2 nut
- 2 x small wood screws
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Innovative and very high accuracy adjustable Endstop for Reprap Prusa and other models by paolo68 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving paolo68 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure paolo68 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).