A small monument erected to the memory of siblings who died within a year of one another. It is dated to the late 1870s. It has some slight issues in that I should have taken more photos of the top as there are a few nearly inconspicuous over-corrections in the lamb when I closed the holes in the mesh. The monument itself is badly worn from over a century of exposure to the harsh climate of South Dakota. The inscriptions are not easy to read, but I think they can still largely be decrypted with the right raking light. The base of this model looks goofy as the original was surrounded by tall grass and Photoscan just ignored it when creating the model.
I used a 50mm manual focus lens on my Nikon D200. I set it to f/22 at 100 iso. Finally I used a tripod to steady my camera and focused as carefully as possible (something that is still a little tricky for me since I'm mostly used to the camera doing the focusing work).
I shot about 15 RAW photos.
I imported them into Adobe Lightroom and then checked them for proper focus, exposure and made adjustments wherever necessary. I then exported the corrected photos as 16-bit TIFs.
Next I masked all the photos and saved the masks as PNGs.
For the final step, I imported the TIFs & PNG masks into Agisoft Photoscan Pro and set it to the highest possible output for detail and accuracy.
I usually export the finished models as PLY files since they contain both the mesh/3D information and the texture maps/surface information as a single file. Most of the time, the PLY files seem to be a bit smaller than OBJ files, but I'm always happy to export to whatever format is easiest for anyone to use.
I have found that Meshlab is superb open source software for exporting models into a variety of file formats if you would prefer to grab my models and do the conversion yourself.