Based on http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:39019
This is a plexiglas enclosure for the up! plus/afinia 3d printer that will keep your print warm and safe.
I made this derivative so I can lasercut it in 10 minutes instead of printing it for 20 hours.
Like the initial one, it keeps the electronic and extuder outside the heat retention chamber.
The design can probably be refined to keep the rear step motor outside as well.
- the file (you can choose .ai,, .pdf or .svg) is designed for a 60x90cm sheet of 3mm plexiglass.
- No glue required, you can use de screw on the side of the printer to hold the side panels, the other panels are just clipped.
- you can remove the tops, front and back panels for easy access to the build volume.
- The panel around the extruder can be coverer with a thin sheet of transparent paper cut and attached around the extruder so that it keep the warm air inside.
- FilamentHolder.stl will nicely fit on the side panel and support the filament guide.
- I use http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26659 as spool holder.
- You will need slightly longer m2.5 screws as the original ones are just a tad short to support the extra depth from the plexiglas.
If you want me to lasercut it for you, write me at [email protected]
Better yet: if you live around Brussels, check www.realizeBxl.be and come make it yourself :o)