I really liked the 1in Diameter Knurled Knob, but wanted something that could be customized on a per project basis.
So I grabbed the Knurled surface finishing library and sprinkled in a little bit of my newbie OpenSCAD skills to create this simple parametric knurled knob.
The first use I had for this part was to add a knob to the outside hex nut on the Low friction spool holder. Since I wanted a way to quickly tighten down the nut if it ever came loose.
This is my first OpenSCAD model, so if you have any tips on making this thing better please leave them in the Comments section.
- Download OpenSCAD (www.openscad.org)
- Download the knurledFinishLib.scad as well as the knurled_nut_knob.scad file provided and place them in the same directory.
- Now open the knurled_nut_knob.scad file in OpenSCAD
- Customize the values in the Parameters section
- Choose Design -> Compile and Render
- Choose File -> Export -> Export as STL
Now you have a STL file you can use with your particular setup.