OpenSCAD Editor (node-webkit)
by uminded, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Project dropped in favor of a better multi-platform choice:
This is my version of a simple OpenSCAD editor.
I run Linux and all of the current editors are for Windows or OSX. I decided to use node-webkit and CodeMirror Editor to make an all systems compatible editor.
Goto my Github page for the latest downloads and updates:
- Available on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows
- Autoformatting, Block Comment/Uncomment
- Code folding
- Syntax highlighting (In progress)
- Find & Replace (In progress, needs UI)
- Autocomplete (Implementation only)
- Download one of the node-webkit prebuilt binaries (v0.4.0 â€” Jan 18, 2013)
- Open/Install OpenSCAD and in the menu select View -> Hide Editor and Design -> Automatic Reload and Compile
- Unzip the node-webkit binary and cut/copy the nw.exe and nw.pak files into the OpenSCAD editor folder
- Run nw.exe and open a .scad file in both the editor AND in OpenSCAD itself
- Whenever you make changes in the editor press F5 or Ctrl-S and OpenSCAD will render the changes
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
OpenSCAD Editor (node-webkit) by uminded is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving uminded a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure uminded would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).