Solidoodle extruder head wobble preventer
by tealvince, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This hack keeps the Solidoodle extruder head from wobbling when making rapid Y-Axis movements. It moves the lower teflon retainer block on the X-Axis carriage to a spring loaded arm that keeps the back of the print head from bouncing up. This also keeps prints from being distorted when printing near the back of the print bed, where force from the cable assembly can sometimes tip the print/extruder head.
1) Print the piece
2) Unscrew the lower teflon retainer block underneath the rear X-Axis support rod.
3) Insert the retainer block into the printed piece, securing it with a suitable screw and nut.
4) Insert the whole assumbly into the old retainer's block mount
5) add a small spring between the spring mounting tab on the printed part and one of the rear extruder fan mounting screws
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Solidoodle extruder head wobble preventer by tealvince is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving tealvince a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure tealvince would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).