Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Tool stopping fan guard
by Jhack, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
after slipping and jamming my Hex key into my Makerbot replicator 2's fan and that I'm to impatient to wait for the fan to stop. I decided, I needed a new fan guard.
Download Stl files and print out at:
0.27mm Layer height
1) Find an old wire fan guard, I got mine off a old graphics card (Leadtek WinFast A310)
2) Cut it up with a pair of tin snips till it fits in the top piece.
3) Glue the bottom piece on.
4) install on the Makerbot .
if the fan is lose you my have to use the shims, as the bolts are a little long with out the metal guard on.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tool stopping fan guard by Jhack is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jhack a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jhack would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.