This is the second of two contests with a current prize pool of $65.
All submissions to this contest need to be an improvement for the Makerbot. A few examples but not requirements are: xy-stage improvements, wobble arresters, legs, circuit board holders, etc.
As with the other contest, this one ends in 3 weeks and 3 days (Sunday, Nov 14).
If you are feeling generous and want to spur creativity, feel free to donate to the prize pool. Last time we more than doubled the prize.
Find the other contest here:
Thanks to Twotimes for adding $50 to the $15 I put in.
Here are the rules:
- At least part of it needs to be printable on a makerbot (obv you can't print circuit boards or motors (atm anyway))
- Needs to be an improvement for the Makerbot in some way. (cupcake or thing-o-matic, but there are a lot more cupcake users out there to beef up your Thing rating)
- Post submissions on thingiverse by 5pm cst Sunday, Nov 14
- Post a comment to this thing with a link to your submission
- Makerbot Improvement is the idea
The prize is $65 in the makerbot store. Everyone that donates towards the prize will take part in picking the winner but will rely heavily on user feedback. Multiple submissions are allowed.
Extra points for submissions that use licenses which allow derivatives or have no restrictions on use and for submissions that supply generic prt or obj files along with the standard STL file.