Dueling Contests: Makerbot Improvement - $65 atm
by pattywac, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is the second of two contests with a current prize pool of $65.
All submissions to this contest need to be an improvement for the Makerbot. A few examples but not requirements are: xy-stage improvements, wobble arresters, legs, circuit board holders, etc.
As with the other contest, this one ends in 3 weeks and 3 days (Sunday, Nov 14).
If you are feeling generous and want to spur creativity, feel free to donate to the prize pool. Last time we more than doubled the prize.
Find the other contest here:
Thanks to Twotimes for adding $50 to the $15 I put in.
Here are the rules:
- At least part of it needs to be printable on a makerbot (obv you can't print circuit boards or motors (atm anyway))
- Needs to be an improvement for the Makerbot in some way. (cupcake or thing-o-matic, but there are a lot more cupcake users out there to beef up your Thing rating)
- Post submissions on thingiverse by 5pm cst Sunday, Nov 14
- Post a comment to this thing with a link to your submission
- Makerbot Improvement is the idea
The prize is $65 in the makerbot store. Everyone that donates towards the prize will take part in picking the winner but will rely heavily on user feedback. Multiple submissions are allowed.
Extra points for submissions that use licenses which allow derivatives or have no restrictions on use and for submissions that supply generic prt or obj files along with the standard STL file.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Dueling Contests: Makerbot Improvement - $65 atm by pattywac is licensed under the Public Domain license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving pattywac a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure pattywac would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).