Prusa LM8UU Carriage for Qu-BD extruders
by Make3Dca, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Based off of julienM's work. Simply kludged space for an LM8UU bearing. In the process I had to widen the rod slots as well to ensure no contact/friction along the model.
Note: julienM also created an LM8UU version of this at the same time. You should test that one as well. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:41986
The bearing holes and the rod shafts are purposely a little large to allow for a tiny bit of displacement to match your specific rod width. Use zip ties to ensure the bearings stay in place.
Update: Added an instruction for drilling the mounting plate holes, as per JulienM's suggestion.
- Print (should be in ABS due to the heat in the area).
- Drill holes for the zip ties, and clean up any frayed threads inside the bearing holes. (sorry - I was too anxious to get the thing printed and didn't put holes for the zip ties into the model.)
- Mount your bearings and zip ties, but do not tighten the zip ties yet. If the print cracks a little along the outer edge, don't worry too much about this as the zip ties will then hold things in place. If you are concerned, a little ABS glue will work well.
- Mount your QU-BD extruder plate. Drill holes for the mounting screws where needed, and bolt the plate in place (with the extruder attached).
- Mount the carriage to your Prusa.
- Tighten down the zip ties.
- Enjoy your printer.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Prusa LM8UU Carriage for Qu-BD extruders by Make3Dca is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Make3Dca a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Make3Dca would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).