Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
by Bernhard_3D, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
VirtuStick extends the range of your mobile 3D-scanner. Two servos and a joystick position the scanner precisely.
Now you can scan large objects, or things out of the reach of your handheld scanner.
How does is work ?: http://youtu.be/IUGenZwRCKo
VirtuMake is an Open-Source project. Please donate, if you like my work and want to keep the further development of my Open-Source hardware going on. http://www.virtumake.com
Thank You :)
This is the prototype of the VirtuStick 3D-Scanner. Follow the project to stay up-to-date with further releases!
1 x Arduino Pro Mini 5V: http://www.physicalcomputing.at/shop/article_A-1110000/Arduino-Pro-Mini-5V_16Mhz.html?sessid=hb8El1u2ztK8uXasIkLmatBMH5foHB3TVViSS2qdVjkr5v9ZSAIHtGYmVzKgHeRq&shop_param=cid%3D3%26aid%3DA-1110000%26
1 x Asus Xtion Scanner: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005UHB8EK/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00
1 x Aluminum pipe 1m x 15mm
1 x Some weight to balance the scanner holder
1 x 9V Battery
1) Print Tray 1 and Tray 2
2) Weld the two parts of the "Scanner Holder" together. I use an old soldering iron and some filament to weld these parts together.
3) Fit the left holder and the left srew in the scanner holder. Weld the scre in the holder.
4) Do the same with the right holder and the right screw
5) Screw the servos in the scanner holder
6) Attach the X Axis to the top servo
7) Balance the scanner holder with the weight
8) Print Tray 3 and weld the Handle and the Joystick holder together
9) Glue the Scanner Holder, the Handle, the Controller holder and the Arm rest on the aluminum rod.
10) Wire the Arduino and upload the firmware
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
VirtuStick 3D-Scanner by Bernhard_3D is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Bernhard_3D a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Bernhard_3D would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).