This is an amazing model of a Woolly Mammoth that I sourced from
the Smithsonian X 3D site. http://3d.si.edu/downloads/55
They have a lot of other cool models on their site, you should
check them out!
I separated the skull form the rest of the Mammoth and then sliced
it vertically to split off the tusks.
The print came out very well, but it is a challenging print requiring
both brim and support.
See instructions for the setings I used.
I printed the two pieces separately. If anyone is brave enough to
try it in one piece, or if you want to try to slice it differently,I do have
an unsliced copy of just the skull that I can send you.
I scaled these to 50% to fit on my print bed, then sliced them
using Cura with support and a 3mm brim. and I slowed the print
speed down considerably.
To orient the tusks, I used the following rotation values:
The skull didn't seem to matter so much, I just oriented it so that the support material attached at the back of the skull.
I printed in PLA using .2mm layers and 20% infill; then (after a bit
of cleanup) glued them together with superglue.