You need just 8 magnets to it work, just follow the blue print image.
I made some UFO shaped covers to make it funny.
The wafer versions are better because avoid the magnets to jump over.
I believe it will work with any height if all magnets have the same height sum.
I tested with spheres, cubes, boxes, cylinders and all work great.
The 2 spheres with 1/2 total height is the best, they still stand.
You can add a very.. very small magnet at the top of central magnet to increase the tractor beam power.
Worked with a small difference height between the magnets too (1mm max).
The magnets size are: (All neodymium magnets)
Version 5mm tall:
- 6x - 6mm diameter, 5mm tall magnets.
- 2x - 20mm diameter, 5mm tall magnets.
Version 6mm tall: (wafer)
- 12x - 6mm diameter, 3mm tall magnets.
- 4x - 20mm diameter, 3mm tall magnets.
Version 10mm tall: (wafer)
- 12x - 6mm diameter, 5mm tall magnets.
- 4x - 20mm diameter, 5mm tall magnets.