Notice: this overhead panel is not 1:1 size with real 737 overhead panel (this is a little smaller) after some testing with 1:1 sizing I noticed that few of the parts ain't gonna fit in standard MakerBot printing bed so everything would need cutting and that makes whole thing ugly!
This is my Boeing 737 simulator project overhead panel and it's latest version. Experimental backlight version is coming later.
Notes and features:
- Huge amount of switch holes.
- Possibility for gauges
- All panels starting with letter G are intended to be gray color
- All panels starting with letter W are intended to be white color
- All G_ADD* panels are additional gray panels
- Led boxes are meant to be glued behind panels
- No labels or backlight availability
- Use label printer to create text labels
FSX Linda for configuring buttons
Suitable annunciators for these panels:
OpenCockpits USBOutputs for annunciator leds
SIOC example for USBOutputs card:
var 8000 name NAME LINK FSUIPC_IN Offset $OFFSET Length 1
IF &OFFSET = 0
&OFFSET_led = 0
&OFFSET_led = 1
var 9000 name OFFSET_led Link IOCARD_OUT Device X Output XX
Added two new files
- G13_ALTERNATIVE = two new rotary switch holes for circuit breakers = backlighting control and adjustment switches
- G28_ALTERNATIVE = Old one has 5 buttons (PMDG 737 has 5), but if you need 6 button holes then here it is (Example: cpflight 737 ovhd has 6)
Older 2015 updates
- Added new picture from my own print.
- Update: panels G9, G10 and W1 had few errors. Those are now corrected and replaced here.
- Latest version of my Boeing 737 lower Overhead panel for DIY Simulator.
- New: more switch holes and features, possibility for gauges (not empty holes but thin bottom layers like this old one, enlarge if needed), panel heights look better and more realistic, many errors corrected.
Upper (AFT) overhead panel http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:493771
Following website is dedicated to this project: http://martin737.nitramite.com/