MendelMax Minimal Y Rod Mount V2 (Parametric)
by cobra18t, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a replacement Y rod mount for MendelMax type printers.
I have uploaded a stl part for both normal 8mm rods as well as the larger 10mm rods.
Advantages over stock part:
Clamps rods to aluminum extrusions, ensuring more level travel
Since rods are higher, less Y carriage elevation is needed leading to a lighter carriage.
Uses little plastic. Consists of just 4 small parts.
Advantages over my V1 minimal mount:
Fewer parts/easier to assemble/easier to print
Uses M5x20 socket head screws which are already recommended for MendelMax builds. Socket heads are also easy to tighten from the side with pliers. M5x16 might work with 8mm rod, change m5_length to 16 and try.
10mm Y-rod ready, change rod_diameter to 10 and print
- Beefed up for durability (I recommend ABS or Polycarbonate for durabilities sake)
Release under CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0
by Thomas Fulenwider a.k.a. cobra18t
- print 4 pieces
- use 2 T-nuts or 2 m5 thin nuts for each piece in the underside of the aluminum extrusion
- for each piece, slide onto Y-rod, mount with 2 m5x20 socket head screws
- hand tighten screws and then use pliers on the socket heads for final tightening (socket head screws are tall and have knurling around the perimeter to aid in tightening)
This uses configuration.scad.dist and functions.scad from Prusa's i3 project. These must be in the same folder as YMotorMnt_INV.scad. These files are found here:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
MendelMax Minimal Y Rod Mount V2 (Parametric) by cobra18t is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cobra18t a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cobra18t would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).