Prusa 60mm hot end fan duct by Phizinza

by Phizinza, published

Prusa 60mm hot end fan duct by Phizinza by Phizinza Feb 11, 2013
0 Share
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Order This Printed View All Apps



Liked By

View All

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.

Print Thing Tag

Thing Statistics

3501Views 880Downloads Found in 3D Printer Parts


I saw a few around and modeled one on richgain's version.
It's two parts, the duct and the bracket. You might need a different bracket as this one is made for a Greg's extruder. But if gives 16mm or so of adjustability in height for different hot ends.

NOTE: I have been told this will not work with Prusa V2, refer to the comments.

Inside I have ducted about 30% of the air to the side the fan is on and the other 70% around the revolve to blow from the other directions.

I based it on a 60mm fan because that's what I had on hand.


You'll need to have your printer printing bridges well. I had to rig up two fans blowing from different directions to get it to print, but now I have it I can print bridges pretty nicely.

The bracket replaced the x belt holders, so if you design your own you might want to include "teeth" to grip the belt as I have.

You'll need a couple of 3mm bolts and nuts to assemble the duct to the bracket.

P.S. If you have problems with the initial inner ring not staying connected to your heatbed try the version I have made for Dracus89. It has a .5mm fill on that first ring to hold it down. You will then need to cut it out once printed so the hotend can pass through it.

More from 3D Printer Parts

view more

All Apps

3D Print your file with 3D Hubs, the world’s largest online marketplace for 3D printing services.

App Info Launch App

Auto-magically prepare your 3D models for 3D printing. A cloud based 3D models Preparing and Healing solution for 3D Printing, MakePrintable provides features for model repairing, wall thickness...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App

Print through a distributed network of 3D printing enthusiasts from across the US, at a fraction of the cost of the competitors. We want to change the world for the better through technology, an...

App Info Launch App

Quickly Scale, Mirror or Cut your 3D Models

App Info Launch App

3D Print a wide range of designs with Treatstock. Easy to use tools to get the perfect result. The global 3D printing network that connects you with high-quality and fast working print services nea...

App Info Launch App

This is design is not valid for the Prusa Air V2 because the fan mount touches the sides limiting the dimensions of the X path

Thanks for the info zeroq! I'm still on Prusa V1. Planning to build a Rostock next.

Hi Phizinza... i´ve got the Problem, taht the inner ring doesnt stick realy long on my heatbed, so could you pls connect the first 3 to 4 layers? would be nice^^

I added another version of it for you and updated this thing to explain. Cheers, Phiz

thx very much :)