Screw-on collar for milk jug funnels
by pozorvlak, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
We like to store dry goods (lentils, rice, flour, couscous, porridge...) in empty 4pt milk jugs - they're easy to pour from, line up neatly, and are translucent so you can see at a glance what you're running short of. The tricky bit is filling the jugs up. This Thing allows you to make a screw-on funnel out of another milk jug, so you can securely and easily fill your storage jugs up.
This Thing was made in OpenSCAD, based on code by Andrew Plumb (@clothbot). You can fork the code on GitHub: https://github.com/pozorvlak/funnel-collar
Measurements are based on UK milk jug lids. It fits all brands of milk jug I've tried so far, though it's a bit snug on Tesco ones. The SCAD file is parametric, so it should be easy to adjust this to other countries' milk jugs if need be.
- Take N+1 empty milk jugs (where N is the number of ingredients you wish to store), wash them out, and leave them to dry.
- Cut off the top half of one of the jugs. This will become the funnel.
- Print out this collar. You probably want dense infill and thick walls.
- Screw the collar onto the funnel.
- Screw the collar + funnel onto one of the milk jugs.
- Fill it with whatever ingredient you want.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have filled all N jugs.
- Bask in the beauty of your newly-organised kitchen.
You don't, of course, have to fill all N jugs at once. Start with two, and fill up more as you finish more milk jugs.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Screw-on collar for milk jug funnels by pozorvlak is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving pozorvlak a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure pozorvlak would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).