Print the following stl's [Number off in brackets] in the filament of your choice (PLA/ABS/Flexible etc) and your most comfortable slicer settings:
Blood Skirt [x1].stl
- Most realistic in red filament.
- Will fit on a 200mm square build plate (195x160x50).
Fingers Plate [x1].stl
- Please see "Finger Plate Layout.png" for nomenclature of the finger pieces on the build plate.
- Print with support. I used the Craftware slicer and removed any supports out of tendon channels before slicing. For other slicers without customisable support, clean any support out of tendon channels with a paperclip or stiff wire after printing.
Hand Body [x1]stl
Ring Pull [x5].stl
Finger Hinge Plate [x1].stl
- This stl must be printed with a flexible filament e.g. Filaflex.
- I printed hinges with 10% infill and 2 perimeters to make them nice and spongy.
- The hinges at the base of the fingers are assembled a certain way round to aid finger return, please see "Base Hinge Orientation.png" to show this. The base hinges of the thumb are tricky, but try wetting and pushing them in with a 45Deg angle of attack to get one corner in first then sliding them home, pushing with a flat head screwdriver if necessary
For the Tendons :
- Pre-cut a suitable length of tendon line (blind cord/elastic filament/fishing line etc).
- Feed each end through the two filament holes in the end of the finger tip. Both ends of the filament should come out of the same hole in the base of the finger tip (see "Tendon Tie-off at Base of Fingertip.png").
- Tie off in a none slip knot (left over right then right over left) Superglue the knot and snip off one of the excess strands ones dry.
- Thread the tendon down through the finger segments out of the base of the hand.
Ring Pulls :
- Place blood skirt around base of hand.
- Thread tendon lines through corresponding holes in rear of coffin.
- Screw base of hand to the coffin using two screws through the printed holes.
- Tie a ring pull on the end of each tendon line, try to avoid excess tendon line, otherwise ring pulls can get tangled.
- Superglue ring pull knots and cut off excess strands.