Customizable stick bowl art
by bmcage, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
It's art you can make yourself! What's not to like? Play around with the settings, and make your own unique design. No guarantees on it being printable though...
Updated on 21 februari:
- openscad hangs on skew around 180 degrees, so skew is limited for now to min -170 and max 170
- reorganization of controls to make it easier to work
- cutting the object based on given max height and width
- bowl for keys or lamp: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:51335
The idea of this things is that you have a base and 6 rings. Aim is to connect sticks from one ring to the next, in a way that shows your artistic gifts.
- Radius and height are the radius and the height of a ring.
- extend is how much a stick will 'stick out' of the rings it connects
- skew is how much rotation on the next ring as done compared to the starting position on the original ring.
- if you want to skip a ring, set radius equal zero, and the sticks going to that ring will not be shown
- several forms can be chosen: beam, triangle, hexagon and cylinder. Use cylinder only when happy with result of eg beam, as cylinder needs too long to render.
- the idea is to have a bowl, so a base is set with its own height. If you don't want a bowl, and would rather design a bracelet like thing, then choose to have no bottom.
- there is a cutoff under the base, so sticks going below the base will stop there. This should help to print your design
- as last option you can set your build plate, so as to see while desigining that all fits on your 3D-printer
Whatever you make, have fun!
The example is a simple bowl connecting 2 rings. Printed with infill 10%, layer 0.25, it looks great. Do share your customizations, I'll do some myself too.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable stick bowl art by bmcage is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bmcage a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bmcage would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.