This is a parameterizable ring made in OpenSCAD with a "BHat" logo for the Baltimore Hack-A-Thon.
It was created as part of the Nickel for Scale project, which you can learn more about at http://nickelforscale.com/
You'll need both real_bhat_ring.scad and B.dxf to render a custom-sized ring.
To resize the ring without Nickel for Scale:
- Edit the inner_diam in OpenSCAD to match the diameter of your finger.
- Render to STL with OpenSCAD.
To resize the ring with Nickel for Scale:
- Get Nickel for Scale from GitHub: http://github.com/martymcguire/NickelForScale
- Install Processing and all required libraries.
- Set up your webcam and configure the NickelForScale sketch with the right capture info.
- Run NickelForScale, choose the BHat ring (it's built in), follow the instructions, and generate the ring.
- Your custom ring will be in the NickelForScale/data/ folder.
To change the letter:
I used Inkscape to generate the B. To use it with OpenSCAD, I saved a copy as Encapsulated Postscript (.eps), and chose the option to convert the text to a path. I then used pstoedit to convert the .eps to a .dxf, which is the format that OpenSCAD expects.