Infrared Proximity Sensor
by mscourch, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A housing to make an infrared proximity sensor using a 5mm infrared emitting diode and a 5mm infrared sensing diode.
- 5mm infrared emitting diode
- 5mm infrared receiving diode
- wire (two different colors)
- Print both parts
- attach some wires to the base of the two diodes (don't forget to keep track of the positive and negative leads)
- Insert the diodes into the proper place - put the receiving diode in the shallow hole so that it is almost flush with the surface and, obviously, the emitting diode in the deep one(this makes the ir sensor a little more sensative).
- Use a dab of super glue on the intersection of the two parts to secure into position
- Hook up, write the code and enjoy
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Infrared Proximity Sensor by mscourch is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mscourch a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mscourch would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).