OpenBeam Exposed Bearing Flange
by halley, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I wanted to make an adjustable filament spool caddy, since my first two spools don't match spans. I made a simple flange for holding a common 608zz radial skate bearing in line with an OpenBeam or other t-slot extrusion. This through-bolt design uses inexpensive hardware, and should be easily printed four-at-a-time on any filament printer.
(1) Print up to four of this part.
(2) Attach the parts to OpenBeam extrusion framework as shown in the photos, flanges to the outside.
(3) I recommend a 5/16" or M8 bolt, a matching nut, and three washers with similar inner diameter.
(4) Bolt, washer, bearing, washer, this plastic part, washer, nut. The smoother side of a washer should face toward a bearing or nut.
(5) Rest your filament spool on top of the washers.
(6) Attach rubber sticky feet or Sugru pads to avoid sliding on the table top.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
OpenBeam Exposed Bearing Flange by halley is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving halley a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure halley would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).