Tantillus dowel mount for loose filament
by p9k, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Put a horizontal dowel on a printed case Tantillus for holding loose filament.
This takes the place of the spacer washers on the front stiffener just like the side fan mounts. Any sort of 5/16" or 8mm rod can be used, but wood dowels seem to be a good option as they're cheap and will probably break before the mount will. The dowel is friction fit so that it can be easily removed for travel.
SCAD provided so you can change up the dowel hole size or use it as a base for mounting other stuff to a printed Tantillus.
1) Print as oriented
2) Replace the washers with the mount on the front stiffener so that the dowel mount sits on top of the stiffener
3) Insert 5/16" or 8mm dowel in the hole. Can be as long as you wish
4) Space two binder clips arms-up to keep the filament on the dowel
5) Put your filament coil between the clips and load the end into the Tantillus
6) Print more stuff
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tantillus dowel mount for loose filament by p9k is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving p9k a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure p9k would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).