Customizable Dungeon Terrain
by devonjones, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
NOTE: This was an early experiment for me on dungeon tiles. I suggest looking at OpenForge, my newer design.
This is a set of roleplaying tiles that can be customized using the makerbot customizer to creating printable rooms to improve your gaming experience.
This set can be used with the customizer to create any rectangular area up to 10x10, with the ability to select different styles for the walls and floor. You can choose be randomized stone (16 different stone faces, randomly selected every time you render the stl), horizontal & vertical wood and smooth. All of the attached stl files for walls, tiles and segments can be generated (and more) with the customizer.
The set was designed with a number of goals in mind:
1) expandability, the set has numerous features for attaching things like doors, staircases, angled walls, etc.
2) The ability to recreate maps from modules. Unlike most of the dungeon tile sets, this one is based around 5 foot sections, giving the GM the flexibility to recreate most maps.
2) The ability to create more then just dungeons
3) The ability to spruce things up by having multiple styles
4) Simple ability to extend with openscad code.
5) I wanted the walls to be shorter, so it was easier to move the miniatures.
This set is compatible with the tiles (but not the walls) from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3195. I've included as ancestors all the projects that I feel influenced this design.
Project code and stl files are also at: https://github.com/devonjones/dungeon_tiles
These all print pretty well and look good. I find the wood tiles look better with a little light brown paint drybrushed on them to help make the wood really pop. I suggest printing larger pieces and using as few connectors as you can, as more single pieces will be more rigid and handle game day better. Also, the bottom layer tends to cause some connection issues. I suggest running a knife around the edges to improve fit.
You'll want to print plenty of tall and short corners as well as connectors.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable Dungeon Terrain by devonjones is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving devonjones a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure devonjones would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).