I felt that it was about time Baltimore Node had a Unicorn-plottable logo! You can learn more about this awesome hackerspace at baltimorenode.org.
I've attached all the files I used to create the G-Code for this thing, which tells the story of how you can make your own:
- node_logo.svg - Start with the SVG logo available from the Node wiki.
- node_logo.eps - Use Inkscape to export an EPS file, making sure to convert text to paths.
node_logo.dxf - Use pstoedit as described on Tony's 2D-to-3D post - tonybuser.com/2d-to-3d - to create a DXF, with simple line approximations of curves. I also ended up using some scaling:
pstoedit -xscale 18 -yscale 18 -dt -f dxf:-polyaslines node_logo.eps node_logo.dxf
- node_logo.gcode - Use scribbles.py from GitHub to convert the DXF into Unicorn G-Code. github.com/makerbot/Makerbot
I used Pleasant3D for its excellent G-Code preview capabilities to check that everything looked reasonable, find a good scaling, etc.
- Load node_logo.gcode up in ReplicatorG
- Line up your pen as shown in this image: thingiverse.com/image:39483
You may need to flip axes, etc.
I also don't have any of the niceties like pen registration tests or multi-sheet printing in this G-Code. Feel free to add your own!