Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Bowden spool holder for with extruder mount many spools supported
by danman1178, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
work in progress:
I have been working on a clean way to mount an spool and extruder together. I took the standard printrbot extruder and the bowden adapter that many of you have .. and mocked up a quick wood version. I tapped the whole that supplies the filament to the extruder so I could insert a bowden tube attachment. I really feel that having a small run of hose on the rear side of the extruder helps to negate any kink in the line as it pulls in filament. Here are the key problems I addressed when building my setup.
- Allow the filament to follow its natural curl.
- Keep the Bowden tube as short as possible
- provide the filament into the extruder with the least amount of kink.
- Reduce as much resistance to the spool in both directions.
My design has a universal mount on the top that will support fans for the extruder and I envision anyone could make simple adapters for any extruder out there...
Side pieces without the logo's fit better and require less filament to print. I will be modeling a way to connect modular so you could connect them together to build an array of spool holders for multiple extruder setups.
PLEASE PUBLISH YOUR MAKES!!!
meant for use with
- directly mounts: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:275593
- may (untested) work with http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:118783 Zen tool works spool
20142411 - added 40mm Fan mount and Printrbot ALU extruder mount
- Added updated two part base- just print twice.
- Sides with no logo fit better and use less filament
20142411 - replaced printrbot extruder mount with stronger mount
20150116 - Added modified printrbot extruder mount, it fits the new double gear extruder. Added printrbot ubis adapter for a bowden fitting 8mm threads
20150201 - Added stronger version of Printerbot exturder mount
Updated version can be found at: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:933655
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Bowden spool holder for with extruder mount many spools supported by danman1178 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving danman1178 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure danman1178 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).