Printer as Backpack
by mechadense, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
A Printer Shoulder Strap Carrying Aid
Tired of carrying your printer with one hand?
Convert your lasercutted wood printer in a backpack.
Screw two of these onto the upper front frame of your printer and add two shoulder straps.
1) Measure your printers upper frontframe dimensions.
2) Print two or four pieces with high infill.
3) screw-mount two of them onto your printers upper front frame
and optionally two on your printers lower front frame.
edit: the torsional stiffness of the printers front worries me.
It's probably better to mount them on the closed back.
4) Attatch shoulder straps.
5) Take your printer on a stroll.
1) The standard parameters are for an Ultimaker (top & bottom) and a belt of 24mm width.
2) Some back cushioning might be needed.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Printer as Backpack by mechadense is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mechadense a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mechadense would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.