Customizable Rubiks Cube Shapes
by ThePuzzleGeek, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Create a near infinite range of 3x3x3 shape variations on the Rubik's cube.
This Thing is a work in progress - it needs a Rubik Cube core to create a new puzzle.
Finally got round to printing a couple of puzzles movement is a little sticky but OK. Use Rubik's promotions cubes as donors - not ideal as no tensioning is (easily) possible on centres.
- Tweak settings.
- Generate a unique cube puzzle
- Turn on rounding (makes customiser very slow!)
- Find an old Rubik's cube to "borrow" to provide core, center pieces (less caps) and springs
The STLs in this Thing are included to give an illustration of the types of cube mods that can be made. Run the OpenSCAD in customizer or download and run locally to generate individual piece files.
Items still on the "to do" list for this thing :
- Add more target shapes
- Add option to print core pieces (fully printable cube)
- Allow pieces to be printed in halves and snapped together to eliminate need for supports
- Create plate layout optimised for printing
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable Rubiks Cube Shapes by ThePuzzleGeek is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ThePuzzleGeek a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ThePuzzleGeek would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).