Exhaust hose adapter for HPC & Full Spectrum Laser cutters
by tiefpunkt, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a adapter to fit standard exhaust hoses to the Full Spectrum 40W Hobby Laser and the HPC LS3020 Laser Cutter. It might probably fit a few other laser cutters from China as well.
The standard exhaust fans that come with these lasercutters are not all that great. They are inefficient, leaky, have a non-standard hose fitting, and block access to the back laser compartment. This adapter allows you to fit a standard exhaust hose to the laser, which can then be connected to some proper air filtration equipment.
It was created by Alexander Brock in the RaumZeitLabor hackerspace in Mannheim, Germany, for their FS laser cutter.
- Cut the parts out on a laser cutter using the two files provided. 5mm MDF or plywood should work fine.
- Glue the parts together.
- Fit a 100mm exhaust hose fitting to the back, using glue and screws.
- Seal all corners from the inside with silicone.
- Optional: Apply some thick foam tape (don't know the proper english word for it, sorry) to the side that sits on the laser case for extra sealing.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Exhaust hose adapter for HPC & Full Spectrum Laser cutters by tiefpunkt is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving tiefpunkt a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure tiefpunkt would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).