Remixed Hellboy revolver (Good Samaritan)
by JersyBeast, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Remixed this from Danonator's excellent Hellboy Prop (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:71235) and added in the ammo from (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:260664) and the grip and medallion (sorry, can't seem to find the original designer).
I altered the following files to make it a little more "authentic":
- The Frame and back-strap are now one piece (it wouldn't print as one piece so they need to be glued together using the pins as guides)
- Created a round recess where the back-strap meets the frame in order to glue a spring to "eject" the cylinder when released. I used a slurry of ABS dissolved in acetone as glue, but epoxy should work as well
- Remixed the barrel pivot to look like a screw
- Made the rivets on the barrel look like screws
- Gave space for trigger travel in the frame so a spring can be mounted to give trigger "pull"
- Remixed the Trigun barrel (also by danonator) into the barrel to give rifling
- Adjusted the frame to give a place to mount the screw for the cylinder eject. I used a spring from a pen to give it an authentic feel
8."Bored' out the holes to allow plastic cartridges to be inserted / removed.
I used springs from Harbor Freight for the release which work great (when you depress the release the cylinder pops open). It is a little more involved than "print and play", but works GREAT!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PROP. THIS HAS NEVER / WILL NEVER FIRE REAL AMMUNITION OF ANY KIND.
Print out one of all files.
Using the two back-strap to frame pegs, glue the back-strap to the frame. Use ABS slurry or epoxy since this part will be under stress from the spring in the frame.
Use a screw to attach the Cylinder release to the frame,
Place small spring (pen spring works great) underneath the cylinder release to give it some tension. The spring should fit into the recess in the frame.
Place medium spring in recess on top of frame and use ABS slurry or epoxy to glue (let it sit overnight to set strongly or it may pop loose under heavy use)
Insert small finishing nail / brad in the hole in the rear of the back-strap so that the cylinder release can grab it. You may want to glue this in place as well for strength. Adjust how far the nail sticks out of the back-strap so that it releases when you depress the cylinder release.
When you want to load / unload, depress the cylinder release and the spring glued into the frame will "eject" the cylinder forward. To close the revolver, press the release, close the frame, then release the cylinder release so that it grabs the nail / brad in the back-strap.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Remixed Hellboy revolver (Good Samaritan) by JersyBeast is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving JersyBeast a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure JersyBeast would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).