Inspired by the Hovership MHQ2, the MVQ (Mini V-Tail Quad) should make for an awesome 3D Printed FPV Racer with naturally increased yaw control beyond the torque-differential employed by typical x-frame quads. The MVQ is also an ideal test platform for advanced printing techniques for improving flight performance.
This is only my second multirotor build and my first attempt at designing one: I'm still learning, testing and improving, so please bear with me. Check out the "instructions" for my setup and build thoughts.
- 250 Class Mini Quad Copter
- 45° V-Angle
- Ability to use MHQ2 Landing Gear and Arms
- Provisions for Hovership Micro Power Distribution Board
- <6oz Airframe Weight (ABS w/ Infill described)
- 5 and 6 Inch props can be used without extended arms
- Camera Platforms (GoPro, Replay, etc...)
- Forward Tilted Motors (Level Forward Flight)
- Arms Designed for LED Mounting
- Improvements From Testing!
Here's a quick run down of the MVQ specifics, I'll have proper instructions uploaded as time permits.
My prototypes have been printed in ABS with the following parameters:
- 200x200mm Print Bed Minimum
- No additional support required (designed-in for trouble areas)
- Landing Gear & Arms: 3 Perimeters, 75% Infill.
- Base Plates: 3 Perimeters, 45% Infill.
- Avionics Plates: 2 Perimeters, 35% Infill.
- Battery Spacer: 2 Perimeters, Minimum Infill
Same hardware as MHQ2, with the addition of:
+1X M3x20 Button Head Screw
+1X M3 Lock Nut
Glue the battery spacers to the bottom of lower base with your choice of adhesive, locating pins make alignment simple.
Pins between upper and lower base parts should be a Gentle Press Fit, depending on your printer you may need to clean up the holes and/or pins.
- V-motors are mounted down but props are oriented to lift up (Reference your Flight Controller documentation for rotation and mixing details).
- ReadyToFlyQuads: Flip 2.5 Flight Controller
- Bluetooth Adapter for PID Tuning
- Hovership: Micro Power Dist. Board
- Hovership: 12A ESC
- Hovership: H2204X 2300KV Motors
- 5x3 Props (HQ Prop)
- Turnigy Nano-Tech 1500 mAh 3s 35C (9.5 minute flight time).