Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
by kitwallace, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a rewrite of the code by droftarts to see whether structuring a library like this using a cleaner separation of data and code and a functional approach (no global variables) would help in understanding and reusing the code. This work is offered in all humility as a product of my own attempts to learn openscad. I have only tried this on a few simple cases and not printed from it.
May 2014 - code updated slighly to OpenSCAD version 2014-03
Unlike its ancestor, this is an opencad library, not a single parameterised object. Objects are constructed by writing a main script which composes the final object from parameterised components.
In this version
- belt parameters brought together as an array of belt properties
- nuts are described by an array of nut properties
- nuts and belt description held in 'dictionaries' keyed by the name of the part
- separate modules for each part of the pulley - gear,retainers, base, captive nut
- parts use common parameter names - diameter and height (since built in the z axis)
- separate gear module allows 2-D projection
- global variables local to part or default parameter values
- composition of parts using 'stack' transformation
reuse by programming the part composition
new pulley features
currently ommited features
- sanity checks although mad parameters usually produce obviously mad objects
- rendering needs tweeking - its slower than its daddy and F5 doesnt work well
v1.01 - fix to simple spacing and factoring teeth_spacing from diameter calulation
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Pulley Library by kitwallace is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kitwallace a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kitwallace would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).