Prusa i3 / P3Steel Improved X-axis Printed Parts Collection

by AndrewBCN Dec 24, 2014
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

Can you tell me the Space between the 2 X-Rods? I need 45mm.
Thank you!

what was that 2 smaller middle holes for?

I've made a probe mount that works with this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2032515

Inductive sensor adapter for Prusa i3
by blanius

Hi everybody,

FYI mokash770 has published a very interesting derivative of the X-carriage I have included here in this collection, which does away with the zip ties for the GT2 belt.

You can find it here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:889407

i3 X-Carriage for GT2 & T2.5 with added 30mm holes

Thanks for this! I'm using it as a starting point to convert to PBC non-metallic bearings (which are slightly bigger) and found that the motor-end is not watertight. Running it through netfabb did not fix the problem. :( The carriage was fine, though. Digging in...

Hi Tonyno,
I can guarantee that all these parts slice and print fine, as I have sliced and printed at least three pieces of each. :-) In fact I never publish any design here on Thingiverse before printing it out, usually twice.
Unfortunately some of these parts are not easy to modify for a simple reason: the OpenSCAD source for them is not available. I had to reverse-engineer them in part to be able to make small modifications, and that can be very time-consuming.
Imho if you want to use non-standard linear bearings you would save a lot of time by going back to Josef Prusa's original OpenSCAD designs (available from his GitHub repository), as you will find that the bearing size is just a parameter which you should be able to adjust easily.
Good luck in any case!

Hmm. It seems to slice fine.

I'm using this X-carriage for my P3Steel (one without 30mm holes) and I ran into a problem. Badly positioned zip-tie heads can bump into the screw heads in front of the plate when printing or homing, so be careful with zip-tie positioning ;)

Hi Mikus,
That is absolutely correct, I actually had the same problem! :-) I'll take a photo of how to properly position the zip-tie heads to avoid this issue and add a warning about it in the Instructions tab.
Thanks for reminding me!