Ice Shot Glass Maker
by caru, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
With this thing, you can make shot glasses made of ice.
It is made in OpenSCAD and it's fully parametric.
Changes in version 1.1:
- added a centralWedgeSpace parameter, default to 1 mm, as per Linkreincarnate's feedback (pot_1.0.stl is not changed, you can print it)
- slightly changed the algorithm that positions the caps near the pot, eg when rendering both together
Changes in version 1.2:
- fixed a bug: the chosen glass thickness was right only at the top border of the glass (pot_1.0.stl is not changed, you can print it)
The provided source is well documented, feel free to modify it.
Almost everything can be customized by passing the right parameters, like for example icy glass height, width, thickness and so on.
For example, the published stl was generated with this call in OpenSCAD:
IceShotGlassMaker(45, 40, 50);
In this example, the printed parts will allow to make an icy glass tall 45 mm, with the base 40 mm wide and the top 50 mm wide. There are many other other parameters that can be changed, see the source code for more info.
How to make an icy glass:
- Print the two parts
- Fill the pot with water
- Push the cap in it, letting excess water flow
- Let it rest in the freezer until it freezes.
- Remove the cap and extract the icy glass
- Don't drink too much :)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Ice Shot Glass Maker by caru is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving caru a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure caru would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).