These plugs fill the holes in the interior floor of the XYZPrinting Da Vinci 1.0 / 1.0A / 2.0 printer, to prevent objects falling inside. Variations of the plugs themselves have holes in them, to store your UHU glue stick, brush and cutters (Hakko CHP-170 Micro Soft Wire Cutter - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZPDG1K )!
- Dimensions: 1.496"W x 1.496"L x 0.787"H (each)
- Volume: 0.39-0.53 cubic inches (each, with base plate)
- Weight: ~0.02 pounds (each, with base plate)
- Set (2 blank, 1 glue stick, 1 tools): PTW-00-1-PT-0190-XXX (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A, Set).STL
- Plug without hole: PTW-00-1-PT-0190-000 (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A).STL
- Plug with glue stick hole only: PTW-00-1-PT-0190-001 (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A, Glue).STL
- Glue stick base plate only: PTW-00-1-PT-0190-002 (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A, Glue Base).STL
- Plug with tool holes only: PTW-00-1-PT-0190-003 (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A, ToolA).STL
- Tools base plate only: PTW-00-1-PT-0190-004 (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A, ToolABase).STL
(.STL names do not match .SLDPRT name because Da Vinci will not print file names over 56 characters.)
Based on the idea, but not the files from, this part: http://us.gallery.xyzprinting.com/us_en/membergallery/model/201407092113577
- Print the set of plugs, and base plates. File PTW-00-1-PT-0190-XXX (Plug, DaVinci 1.0A, Set).STL includes all 4 plugs. Required ~13m of filament, to print at 0.1 layer height, excellent quality, on my machine.
- Test fit the base plates in the bottom of the plugs, trim edges by scraping with a razor knife if necessary.
- Glue the base plate in the bottom of the plug, with acetone for ABS, or other appropriate cement or glue.
- Install the plugs in the interior floor holes of the printer. The press-fit ribs are intentionally oversized slightly. Scrape the ribs lightly with a razor knife, or use a file, to adjust for snug fit. The tools plug works best in the front left corner, with the hole with rounded corners in the corner of the machine.
- Place UHU glue stick and tools in holes in plugs.