I've modified a couple bits of the "complex" Obiwan lightsaber because they didn't print great for me. Find the original files and license in the “Original Obiwan Lightsaber Complex” folder. Thanks to Ultimaker for the awesome files!!!
I printed everything at “High” on a Flashforge clone of the original Replicator Dual in ABS, except the D-Ring jig. I used a raft, but no supports as the original was designed to print well without supports. I batched several of the components together, and it took about 24 hours of printing for everything, plus a tiny bit more for my modified parts.
I changed 2 things:
• Lightbulbs Flat - I printed the “lightbulbs” in translucent clear ABS and they drooped in the vertical orientation (but looked fine in gray). So I removed the support and oriented them flat on their back. I assume Ultimaker had trouble with the flat position (otherwise why make the fancy support?) but flat worked better for me. You may want to try both.
• Pin with supports in 3 lengths – I couldn’t get the pin to print at all, and it seemed to be a smidgen too short. I added some supports and it prints fine this way (on a raft, don’t select supports in the slicer), trim off the supports when done. Worked great. I’m using the 22mm pin, though it might be a hair too long. (Original was 20mm, I’m guessing I’m shrinking more than Ultimaker or something). You can just stretch the pin before printing if you want it a 1/2mm bigger or smaller or whatever.
Most everything fit well after cleaning the parts, though I trimmed the buttons inside so that the grenade and pommel parts fit correctly. I had trouble getting the lever/switch to attach to the pin, so I trimmed it by hand a little. It doesn’t seem like it “works” as a lever and so I intend to glue it on.
Ultimaker apparently said the original intent of the DRING Jig part is to bend a heated piece of filament to make a D-Ring shape. Seems reasonable, but I think I might want to use a D-Ring if it was there. If I do a d-ring, I’ll probably just buy a metal one from the hardware store, so I didn’t try the D-Ring jig.
Props to Ultimaker/Jacky/Valcrow for the original plans: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/star-wars-lightsaber-complex-version - Make sure you visit their page there, they have links to blogs & stuff.
Seems kinda strange to put an Ultimaker project on Thingiverse, but it is CC. I did want to share the modified parts, I don't have an account there, and I get frustrated when I see helpful modifications with the rest of the parts for the project. Consider it a social experiment.