This stand covers the original G Watch R charging cradle LG SDT-330. It was made with Tinkercad and is an improved version of my previous design: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:619842
- The bracelet does not bother during charging.
- The 28 degree slope allows to view and interact with the watch easily during charging.
- Hidden USB connection. The wire exit is moved to the bottom rear of the stand.
- Different designs available. My favorite is the short rounded version.
- Cradle is fully covered by the holder. No jutting parts.
- Trouble free printing and mounting.
- No glue required. The cradle and USB cable can be easily removed.
There is a long and short variant available. The short one works well with the stock USB cable.
This stand consist out of two parts to allow easy printing. Enable support material. With PLA I got very good results:
- Infill density 25%
With ABS the intake might be a bit tight. Hence you should grind the intake until the gradle fits without effort. The whole in the middle allows to remove the charging cradle easily.
Got feedback that the pillar of the stand may break if it is stressed. Hence I made a new version (..solid) with a 3mm wall.
Mount the charging dock in the following order:
- Print your preferred holder and the stand.
- Assemble the stand and the holder to check whether they fit well.
- Dis-assemble the two parts again.
- Pull the USB wire through the stand.
- Put the charging cradle into the holder.
- Connect the micro USB wire to the cradle.
- Finally assemble the stand and holder.
- Squeeze the USB wire in the trench on the back of the stand.
NOTE: The holder and cradle should stick without glue.