I liked makaone's idea not to permanently glue the housing parts together. Maintenance and changing lenses would be a pain. Anyway, i didn't like the bulky parts he created (especially the neck strap clamping parts). So i designed some smaller and more sleek parts.
- Less bulky screw pads with integrated strap slots
- Screw pads only have one slotted hole (10mm tolerance for drilled monting holes should be enough)
- Screw studs have hexagonal cutouts for M3 nuts
- Screw studs have spikes to prevent rotation while mounting the bolts
Update 04/29/15: Improved screw stud (no support needed)
Parts are already "NetFabbed" and in right orientation for printing. No supports needed. I printed mine in ABS @ .2mm layer height, 2 shells and 50% infill.
You will need:
- 8x screw stud
- 2x screw pad front
- 1x screw & strap pad right
- 1x screw & strap pad left
- 8x bolts M3 x 20mm
- 8x nuts M3 (lock nuts will fit too)