Parametric Lego Mindstorms Mecanum Wheel 82 mm (iteration 2).
The Mecanum Wheel can be printed without any support structures.
Needed Parts for building a single wheel:
1x MecanumWheel2_Left (or MecanumWheel2_Right)
8x Lego Axle 5L (length=39.6 mm, PartNr 32073)
Also added are the files with name containing the word "_printable". These files have been slightly modified so that my 3D printer prints them more accurately.
The roller's profile has been generated based on following model:
- To build a four wheel robot one needs 2 left wheels and 2 right wheels. It is possible to drive sideways using these wheels
- The current model is fully printed in PLA. It might be better to print the rollers in Ninjaflex or perhaps paint the PLA rollers with rubber paint to avoid slipping of the wheels.
- Printing the base of the wheel in PLA is much easier then printing it in ABS. So I recommend using PLA for the base of the wheel.
Changes compared to previous design:
- the inner wheel is now hollow, requiring much less material to print it; it is therefor also much lighter
- drawback is that the wheel can only be used from one side.
The production of the wheels:
The wheels in action:
For an alternative version (120 mm wheels) of this design see:
Almost perfect driving using printed Ninjaflex rollers: