Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Parametric Lego Mindstorms Mecanum Wheel 82 mm (iteration 2)
by projunk, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Parametric Lego Mindstorms Mecanum Wheel 82 mm (iteration 2).
The Mecanum Wheel can be printed without any support structures.
Needed Parts for building a single wheel:
8x MecanumWheel_Roller 1x MecanumWheel2_Left (or MecanumWheel2_Right) 8x Lego Axle 5L (length=39.6 mm, PartNr 32073)
Also added are the files with name containing the word "_printable". These files have been slightly modified so that my 3D printer prints them more accurately.
The roller's profile has been generated based on following model:
- To build a four wheel robot one needs 2 left wheels and 2 right wheels. It is possible to drive sideways using these wheels
- The current model is fully printed in PLA. It might be better to print the rollers in Ninjaflex or perhaps paint the PLA rollers with rubber paint to avoid slipping of the wheels.
- Printing the base of the wheel in PLA is much easier then printing it in ABS. So I recommend using PLA for the base of the wheel.
Changes compared to previous design:
- the inner wheel is now hollow, requiring much less material to print it; it is therefor also much lighter
- drawback is that the wheel can only be used from one side.
The production of the wheels:
The wheels in action:
For an alternative version (120 mm wheels) of this design see:
Almost perfect driving using printed Ninjaflex rollers:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parametric Lego Mindstorms Mecanum Wheel 82 mm (iteration 2) by projunk is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving projunk a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure projunk would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).