Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Sticky Note Tweet
by schmarty, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Experimenting with laying out tweets on a sticky note. Thinking about some fun automated Unicorn plots.
Unfortunately, once again, I am not home to plot this. I will try to put up pictures later, but feel free to give this a shot in the meantime.
Using the Unicorn Inkscape extension: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5986
- Load tweet.svg in Inkscape
- Save as G-Code
- Edit the user_card, text, and timestamp layers. You'll want to break up the groups.
- Use the Hershey Text extension for nice single-stroke text: http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/hershey
To Change the Icon
- Grab your Twitter icon as a .JPG
- Import it into Inkscape.
- Select it and use the Path | Trace Bitmap option.
- Choose "Brightness Steps" under "Multiple Scans" and set it to 8.
- Select the result, remove the fill, and set the stroke to black. Tweak to
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Sticky Note Tweet by schmarty is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving schmarty a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure schmarty would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).