This is a 6 barrels Gatling Rubber Band Gun, capable of loading up to 48 rounds (...although it is much easier to load 30-36 rounds). It rotates using a hand crank, and fires using a thumb operated trigger.
This is a big, but relatively easy print. Other than a small overhang on the handle, no other parts requires support.
Designed in FreeCAD (fcstd file is included) and printed in PLA using Cura.
Print using the individual component's STL file, and refer to the "Assembled" and "Exploded" view to see how everything fits together. You'll need 6 pieces each of "Barrel", "Ratchet Wheel", "Ratchet Catch". For the rest of the parts, you only need 1 piece each.
Besides the 3D prints, you'll also need...
- M4x20mm screw and nut (6 pcs) (longer screws are ok)
- M4x16mm screw and nut (6 pcs) (longer screws are ok)
- Zip tie / Cable tie (4 pcs)
- Rubber band (lots!)
- You may want to sand the curved surface on the "Trigger" that rubs against the "Ratchet Catch". Makes for a smoother firing.
- The barrel should be laid diagonally across the build surface. If you do so, it should be small enough for most 3D printers to print.
- When the gun is not loaded, the "Ratchet Wheel" can rotate freely, and may jam the "Ratchet Catch". It's harmless, but will cause the gun to feel rough if you dry fire it.
- The STL contains some fixes and improvements over the photographed version, so don't be worried if your build does not look exactly the same as the photos.