This is an updated version of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:611868 referring to the original thing will give some back ground info. The changes made are:
1) Changed the overall shape of the body to make it easier to fit the M3 nuts
2) Added some draft to the nut traps
3) Made the body slightly narrower
4) Added a flat area to the top of the body where the filament enters as this will be much easier to measure the amount of filament going into the extruder
5) Tidied up the motor mount bracket (though I have kept it the same length as this may be useful if using a belt drive
6) Removed some excess bulk
More from 3D Printer Extruders
Save to Dropbox
If you’re logged into Dropbox, you can save directly to Dropbox.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ChrisKiwi a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with
the Thingiverse community.
Remember to come back and post what you've printed as Make.
It's good for the designer and the community (that means you)!
To post a Make, come back to this Thing and click Post a Make.
Or, you can use the Thingiverse Mobile app found on
and the Apple App Store.