UPDATE: base4_fixed.STL includes extra material around the threaded region for the PTC fitting.
Modified from Singh336's exemplary work, this remix:
- Further encloses the filament
- Reduces clearances around the idler bearing
- Increases the force imparted by the spring on the idler lever
- Realigns the idler lever for better contact with the filament
- Adds a feature that can be tapped for a stock PTC fitting (M5x0.8)
- Raises the filament entry above the idler lever for easier loading
Also included is a flimsy adapter to allow the new cold end to be mounted in the stock position on an unmodified RoStock MAX V2 or on alextoff's slick Dual EZStruder Mount as shown in the photo.
This is a third (and now fourth) revision of my original modification(s) that may require a small amount of adjustment below the idler bearing. The bearing/filament/hob arrangement is exactly where it should be, however there is an interference at the bottom of the idler bearing travel that may prevent the bearing from seating properly against the filament. This would require a minimal amount of sanding/cutting to relieve the region, however care must be taken to remove only that material that presents an issue and no more.
The production version of this item was printed on our uPrintSE with solid infill.