This is a remix of Curriculum's awsome Leif Erikson's Drakkar Ship. I made the following changes:
1) joined the bow and stern for a single hull print
2) moved the shields at the ends from the hull parts to the oars, to they can be printed the same color as the other shields
3) separated the mast so it can be a separate color
4) separated the booms so they can be a separate color
5) broke out the steerboard* from the sail / flag object, so it can be a separate color
6) hollowed out the base so it sits stably
This is an awesome little model, please enjoy!
*note a double-ended ship has a steerboard, not a rudder. This is where the nautical term "starboard" comes from. By convention it was on the right side of the vessel; the other side was called the "port" side, since when mooring alongside a pier one didn't want to damage the steerboard
Printed on a MakerBot Rep 2 with standard settings.
- hull - raft
- oars - raft + supports
- mast / steerboard / booms - raft
- sail / flag - raft
- base - raft
I've uploaded thing files for those of you with MakerBots. Note that "ears" were added to the long parts to avoid warping.