I'm very pleased with this mod. The Z-axis holder is a bit shaky since its a single driven system. With this mod the Z-axis get very stable.
Please see instructions and pictures (zoom) for more details...
What you need:
- 3 meters with stainless steel wire (the one I used is 7x7 1mm)
- 2 cable locks
- 8 metal V-pulleys with ball bearing (5x22x5mm)
- Some screws and nuts.
- And all plastic parts of course :-)
- Assemble and mount all 4 upper pulley support. (You need 4 M5 bolts, 4 pulleys, 4 support, 4 spacers and 4 M5 square nuts)
- Assemble and mount both lower pulley support. (You need 6 M5 bolts, 4 pulleys, 2 holders, 4 spacers, 4 M5 lock nuts and 2 M5 square nuts) Place the left so low you can. The right so high you can.
- Assemble and mount right cable holder. (You need 1 M4 bolt, 1 M4 nut and 1 M4 lock nut)
- Assemble and mount left cable holder. (You need 2 M5 bolts, 2 M3 bolts, 2 M3 nuts
Cable and adjustment:
- Make a cable loop and fasten on the low right cable holder. The lay the cable as seen on the pictures and again make a loop at the right cable holder.
- Tighten the cable by lowering the right pulley support. The cable should be as tight like a guitar wire - Pliiing ;-)
- The last thing is to clamp down the wire on the left cable holder.
Important. This mod reduce the X-axis print area to 195mm, please adjust your software if you use this design. Thanks!
Any questions, please ask....