Mount your RX-LCD5802 monitor to your Phantom 2 controller!
How to use:
- Print pieces 'fpvmount' and 'Controller_Mount' (and remove the base plate, e.g. the thin flat bit, from 'Controller_Mount').
- Attach 'Controller Mount' to your Phantom 2 controller.
- Align the bolt holes of both pieces.
- Thread a GoPro bolt through the holes.
- Place RX-LCD5802 on 'fpvmount' and secure with a short 5.4mm bolt (or similar e.g. 3/16" or 1/4" maybe? Sorry, not sure on sizing American friends!). The length of the bolt I'm using is 13.3mm. Bolt sizes are included in pictures.
OPTIONAL: There is provision for a 6-sided 8mm nut on the Controller Mount part (see pictures). You can secure this in place with some long-nosed pliers.
NOTE The part which latches onto the controller was taken from here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:247161 All credit for this component goes to user 'markloane' (www.thingiverse.com/markloane). Without his work, this would not be possible. The reason that I am re-uploading the component here is because it needed to be re-oriented and have supports added in order to be easily printable.
I designed the fpvmount and my father coded it using OpenSCAD. The OpenSCAD file is available for download and modification.