Better Printrbot Simple Metal Spool Holder
I fixed mayermi design for his Printrbot Simple Metal Spool Holder.
Things I did:
- Resized the holes. They were about 13.1mm and should fit a 12mm rod. I made them 12.5mm.
- Changed the space between the two holes from 71mm to 70mm.
- Alterted the fase to 50° so it can be print easier without support.
- Designed a "washer" for the bearings. Now the spool can't slip off the bearings.
bill of materials:
- 2 x M8 screws to secure the holder
- 4 x M8 Screws (8x45mm)
- 8 x washers
- 8 x 608ZZ bearings
- 8 x M8 nuts
I stacked them this way: nut - washer - bearing - bearing - washer - nut.
Printed with Printrbot Simple Metal:
- 0.2mm layerheight
- 2 ouline/perimeter shells
- 50% Infill
- 25% support for the holes
- black PLA at 185°C
washer.stl should be printed 8 times.
Make sure the washer is correctly layed down on your printbed.